Vedanta Course in India
Thonse Ayurvedic Health Center
Thonse is a small and quiet village that lies between the Indian Ocean and a large lagoon. There are a few typical Indian small shops in the village and there is a bank with an ATM. On the beach is a simple restaurant.
You can make long beach walks. To the north is a vast narrow headland, on which there are some houses and a few temples. Towards the south is after an hour and a half of walking the village of Malpe with a fishing port and Indian beach entertainment. There are also several good restaurants here. From there you can take a boat to an uninhabited palm beach.
For more entertainment the town of Udupi is also nearby, half an hour by bus. There is a square full of beautiful temples, shops and restaurants.
- Mangalore is the nearest airport (70 km) and there is a taxi from the center to pick you up or drop you off.
- International airports nearby are Mumbai (Bombay) and Bangalore. From here you can take a flight to Mangalore.
- If you’re looking for a flight to Mangalore, first look for the best connection to Mumbai or Bangalore. Then look for a domestic flight. The total travel time can be much shorter then a search result for the total journey.
- If you need help with booking your ticket, we know a travelagency in Amsterdam that can help you at no extra costs.
- Plant a tree! We encourage participants to use a CO2 reduction scheme to compensate for the environmental impact of the flight to India.
- Some rooms in Thonse Health Centre are equiped with air-conditioning. This makes a difference in price. AC is not really needed in the winterseason.
- You can book a room on the registration form. There are rooms available for a maximum of 15 participants.
- There are no other hotels or guesthouses in Thonse, except a luxurious resort on 10 minutes walking distance. In wintertime there is plenty of place, rooms start at €52 for a night (two persons). See: Paradise Lagoon
More questions? See the page with Q & A.
Needing help with travel or accomodation questions? We like to help you.
Otto Munters, Arnhem (NL) email@example.com
Prembuddha, Amsterdam firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone 0031 20 66 40 503